The GoodHealth Team is seeking individuals who are self-motivated, challenge driven, team-oriented, dedicated and passionate about health and education. This internship is geared for individuals who are seeking hands on experience in health education, special education, and outreach.
Interns educate high school students with special needs about various health topics such as nutrition, tobacco education, personal hygiene, relationship building, personal safety, manners and personal health management.
– Teach health education classes for high school students with special needs, moderate to severe (with teacher and staff present)
– Facilitate various student enrichment activities
– Participate in team-building meetings and weekly curriculum training
– Attend one on one meetings for project planning and professional growth
– Plan and execute health program events, activities, and fundraisers for students
– Network with various organizations
– Complete an internship project
Completion of Internship
– Stipend awarded when requirements are fulfilled
– Join Alumni Network
– Letter of Recommendation
– Available 15 to 20 hours a week
– One year commitment (August – May)
– Available Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8am and 3pm
– Available Fridays for meetings and occasional events
– Junior and Senior standing (>90 college units) or recently graduated within last 2 years
– Maintain a valid driver’s license
– Attend all training sessions
– TB Test (Cost covered by Goodwill of Silicon Valley)
– Fingerprinting with School District (Cost covered by Goodwill of Silicon Valley)
Through the help of Goodwill and the teachers and staff of the East Side Union High School District, we are able to hold exciting and memorable events for the students. Students have the opportunity to interact with their peers from other schools and enjoy activities that may be new to them. By taking the VTA to each field trip or destination, students are able to practice mobility training that is useful for when they are not in school.
To enrich each interns experience, they are assigned a different project to take leadership of. Each project has tasks that vary depending on if it’s an event, activity or marketing. The challenge is for interns to gain skills in outreach, leadership, project planning, interpersonal communication, and more.